Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

When Is the Next One?

When I was growing up all I ever wanted to be was a momma and I imagined myself surrounded by a bunch of little kiddos. Even the first couple weeks after Holden was born I still wanted to get pregnant as soon as it was physically possible (which meant I had to wait at least 6 months because of the c section). But now...I'm not sure if I want any more children. Holden has fully and completely satisfied my craving to be a momma and I finally feel like my life is complete. I love showering every ounce of my attention on him (and of course my hubby and my pup) and I'm not sure I want to take any of that away from him. I know it sounds silly but on the days that I meet up with girlfriends or go to lunch, I feel bad that I'm not giving 100% of my attention to Holden. On days when its just us, we talk and play constantly. He goes everywhere with me, watches me do errands, and I tell him what We are doing every step of the way. So on the days that I spent the majority of my time talking to someone else, I come home and miss that special time that we spend just me and him. I will tell my hubby "I miss him!" which he doesn't comprehend since I've spent the entire day with him. So if I feel bad about that, how would I handle dividing my attention between more than one child since right now I don't like to take a second of my attention away from Holden. This doesn't even bring up the whole issue of splitting my heart. It's impossible to even think how I could feel the same love and affection for another child. I know that all mothers say you don't think it's possible to love another child, but you can and you do...but it just doesn't seem feasible right now. Besides, the next child would get a little gipped out of all the 1:1 momma time and the fun activities and classes. Holden and I do something fun together every single day like new parent group, music class, playgroup, swim lessons, etc....but I wouldn't be able to attend classes like this with the next child unless Holden wasn't with me. But I'm not sure how I feel about Holden being an only child. Although I've had a rough time with my siblings in the past and we aren't the closest family, I still don't know what I'd do without them. So it's quite the dilemma since every single person is already asking us when we are having the next one! I think I'll bide my time, enjoying every single second I have alone with my little prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment