Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mommie Friends




As of yesterday I told my work that I am definitely not coming back which officially makes me a real housewife...my dream come true. So what did I do to celebrate the official-ness of becoming a real housewife?  A tea party of course and what tea party is complete without scones, croissants, tea sandwiches, and some afternoon wine. There's nothing like an afternoon tea with a bunch of mommies and babies to celebrate becoming a SAHM.

The tea party was held at one of the mommie's home who is in Holden's playgroup. After not seeing everyone for a few weeks due to the holidays, it was so good to talk with other mommies who are going through the same things that I am. Although you may think that you don't need it, I can't tell you how important it is to surround yourself with a community of mommies when you are a first-time mommy at home with your new baby. I don't know what I would have done without these wonderful ladies who have recently entered my life. They offer me a place to share joy, to vent, to commiserate, and fun things to do throughout the week while the hubby is at work.

Holden is going through a really bad teething phase this week so he was crying for a large part of the morning. I was tempted to bunker down and stay in for the day, but I forced myself to get out of the house knowing that the other mommies would completely understand (and wouldn't mind) if Holden screamed the whole time. I'm so glad I decided to go because Holden was so happy when we were there and took a two hour nap!  I guess we both needed to hang with some friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment