Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fairytales Do Come True



Holden James Benesch born August 22, 2011 at 1:37 PM
I watched as other mommies documented how they were feeling that month, what clothes they were wearing, and what plans they were making for the arrival of their little one.  In the meantime, I was planning to start my own pregnancy blog so I too could document this amazing journey that I was on and the beginning of my little one’s life.  But watching others was all I was doing.  Fast-forward 9 months and the most amazing person in the entire world, my son, Holden James, enters my life.   At that point, my pregnancy is over and I’ve still documented nothing (other than some photos and the knowledge that I loved every single second of it).

When Holden was born, I again vowed that I would follow in these mommy-blogger footsteps and begin to document his every moment so that if not imprinted into my memory, they would be easily accessible.  However, somewhere in that deep fog that you live while having a newborn and my desire not to take a single ounce of my attention or second of my time away from him, I have failed to capture Holden’s beginnings.  Although I will my mind to never forget these fleeting moments, I know that they are already escaping me.   It feels like yesterday that he came into my life, yet at the same time I cannot imagine what life was like before he entered mine.  Now, four months old, I know that there are things I am forgetting.  Of course I can easily bring up the big moments (his arrival home from the hospital, his first bath, etc.), but what was he like when he was 3 weeks old? I can’t remember! I don’t remember when he couldn’t hold my gaze or wasn’t babbling and squealing in delight every day or when he wasn’t sitting up by himself. It’s hard to look at him now and remember that tiny, seven pound baby that was swallowed by the infant car seat on that first drive home and what was going through my head at the time.  It’s all flying by so quickly and I don’t want these memories to ever slip away.  Each day is filled with little moments that continuously take my breath away.  So I'm starting this blog as a way to hold on to every little moment in my little man's life (hence the title HoldenOn).  Holden James was born on August 22, 2011. No one could have prepared me for the indescribable amount of love that I feel for this little boy who has stolen my heart. Since, the start of this journey, I've been sure of one thing: fairytales do come true and I have my little prince to prove it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment