Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dear Holden: More Baby, Less Boy




Holden,

With each and every passing day you seem more like a little boy and less like a baby. I have a love-hate  relationship with your development. I absolutely adore this little boy that you are becoming (I see more and more of your personality), but I anguish the fact that you aren't my tiny little baby anymore and you're growing so quickly.

It's these little things that I'm noticing where you appear so grown-up. For example, last night we sat in the rocking chair and read a few books and you were paying such close attention as I read each story pointing and grabbing at the pages. You have always loved reading but you used to get fussy before I could finish a book. Last night you were enthralled! You sat like a big boy listening so well as I put on various voices for each character.

You are also very adamant about where you want to go. Although you're not mobile on your own yet, you will definitely let me know if you want to go see something by leaning and twisting and attempting to move in that direction. It's really amazing to know that pretty soon you will be going wherever your little body will take you (although I think we still have some time before you are crawling).

I love you big boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment