Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Birthday Girl




Today was my birthday. I wasn't that excited about it just because I'm not the biggest fan of getting older...I mean who is, right?  We have a fun weekend planned that my husband tried to surprise me with (but I completely spoiled it by guessing that he was throwing me a surprise lunch with my best girlfriends), and today I did a nice lunch with Holden and my mom and then spent this gorgeous afternoon at the park.

I woke up to flowers, a few gifts that I've been wanting, and a card with the most beautiful words written in it from my hubby. I've never considered my husband much of a writer, but these words brought tears to my eyes. He treats me like a princess.  How did I get so lucky?

My Love,


I know you aren't thrilled about turning 28. But, I think we have much to celebrate. Look at all we have accomplished in just 1 1/2 years of marriage! And look how far we have come since we first met at the pink party at the green house. It amazes me to think about that when I see you with Holden. You are still the same sexy, incredibly hot sorority girl that told me my pink shirt looked hot. The love I have for you now after all we have been through and being a mom and dad as well as a husband and wife is unmeasurable. I am so content with the family we have created and I'm so excited for what the future will hold. Let's celebrate this day for all your years of experiences and memories, for the present life we have created for ourselves and the joy it brings us, ad for the future life and memories we have to look forward to making. I love you so much! Happy birthday,


Your Husband


dreamy

Hearing my husband say those things to me and the fact that it's the first birthday that I get to share with my son made this one of the best birthdays I have ever had. I. LOVE. THIS. LIFE.


lunching with the little man

first thing i see when i wake up


birthday beer

princess cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment