Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

ON THE OPEN ROAD








Over the weekend we inherited a vintage Cadillac.  Not exactly sure what to do with this random surprise as we already own two new cars and a vespa, but I'm sure we can find a use for it.  The rusty red color of the car immediately brings visions of the desert and has me dreaming of drive-in movies, an open freeway in the middle of nowhere, parking at a lookout point and necking under a star studded sky, sipping lemonade under a giant sun hat at the Parker in Palm Springs, and sitting on the hood under a blazing sky of orange and crimson.

There's something about the temperature rising that automatically raises your happiness level with it.   The weather couldn't have been more perfect this weekend, reminding me of those hot summer days of which you spend the entirety outside toasting your skin in the sun until you suddenly realize that the sun is no longer up, zipping into a hoodie over your barely-there summer clothes as dusk begins to fall and despite the nighttime chill, you romp around the night in your daytime clothes...(except we don't stay out after sundown anymore so this scenario may no longer apply).

I threw on this tribal/ikat shift dress that I love for the fact that it feels as though I'm wearing nothing at all (I spent much of pregnancy lazing about in it for this reason).  The dude shirt may be my most favorite item of clothing in the little man's closet.  Super soft and super thin, it's Holden's equivalent to my not-wearing-anything dress.  We frolicked through the afternoon before parking ourselves on the hood of the car to watch the sun fall from the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment